Wow, we've officially been in existence for three months now. And if I say so myself, we've accomplished a heck of a lot in that timeframe. In specific, we've:
- Filed our corporate name with the State of Georgia.
- Become incorporated through the State of Georgia.
- Obtained our Employer Identification Number from the IRS.
- Established a checking account and our toll free phone number.
- Produced and filed our Form 1023 with the IRS to become a 501c3 tax exempt public charity.
- Obtained our approval from the IRS for our 501c3 status (within 30 days if you can believe that!).
- Recruited a fine group of dedicated volunteers.
- Established a wonderful website chock-full of vital information about us, our program, our Greyhounds, and the Greyhound breed.
- Created and obtained valuable marketing pieces ie business cards, business stationery, brochures, banners, and meet and greet signs.
- Established an adoption program that is running like clockwork.
- Begun to work on developing and fine-tuning our foster program which will serve those Greyhounds not going into the Prison foster program.
- Conducted several Meet & Greets (and have many more scheduled throughout the summer) in an effort to get our name out to the public and, of course, introduce the public to Greyhound adoption.
- Adopted eight (8) Greyhounds into their forever homes which, in the end, is what it's all about!
- Scheduled a Spring Cleaning in May and a Dog Wash in June for our partnering race kennel at the Birmingham Race Course.
- Scheduled several "social events" ie an ice cream social, an afternoon at Turner Field with your Greyhound and the Braves, and a Yappy Hour (a wonderful dinner out with you AND your Greyhound).
- Begun working on several grants as well as fundraising efforts to help build our treasury which will help us in the event of a Veterinary emergency.
- Begun working on our partnership with several state correctional centers.
- And did I mention, recruited a fine group of dedicated volunteers?
We definitely have been working hard and definitely know that more hard work is in our future, but it's all about getting those Greyhounds into their forever homes. That end result is something we can all be proud of! We have some happy families and we have some happy Greyhounds. It doesn't get much better than that, now does it?